Welcome to The New Girls Club


The New Girls Club is here to celebrate all the local leading ladies that are excelling in a field that may have once been known as "An Old Boys Club." I will shine a spotlight on local works of artists within South Western Ontario but won't limit myself to South Western Ontario. My blog will share also share stories about inspiring women from around the world who are making their mark in their communities. 


Who am I you ask?


Anna Smith performing Solo Sketch at Sketch to the Death Competition 2020


My name is Anna Smith, I am 25 years old and I am a comedian, actor and writer originally from London, ON. I have been living in Toronto for the past 5 years pursuing my comedy career.

I love to be silly and preform sketch comedy and sometimes stand up comedy. However, I constantly struggle with anxiety and depression. Sometimes comedy and writing can help me out of it, but sometimes it makes my anxiety worse. I hope I can use this blog for a lot of comedy, but sprinkle in some honesty about the twins everyone hates, anxiety and depression. It helps me feel less alone to read about others who are struggling with the same things, so hopefully I can connect with people who might be having the same challenges as me.


*There might be an "other" category with some random stuff in there because guess what? It's my blog and I will write what I want! Come along for the ride!* 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Relationship with Writing

5 Local Female Run Businesses to Support